Mirai Botnet is back, Nation-state hackers attack IoT devices and multiple vulnerabilities detected and regulators desperately trying to plug the holes in IoT security. Read it all at our monthly summary of IoT Security news.
Hacks, Exploits and Utter Catastrophes
It seems that more IoT Security and related vulnerabilities are being detected every day…
- A variant of the Mirai botnet was used to launch a series of distributed denial of service campaigns against financial sector businesses.
- ‘Nation-state’ actors leave political messages on 168,000 unpatched IoT devices.
- IP Cameras vulnerabilities detected
- Critical Hikvision flaw could be remotely exploited to hijack cameras, DVRs and accounts
- Apple Is Struggling to Stop A ‘Skeleton Key’ Hack On Home Wi-Fi
- Hyperoptic router ‘at risk of being hacked
- Remote-code execution flaws in TPLink router firmware
- San Francisco Alert System at Risk From SirenJack Vulnerability
- Smart Speakers And Their Potential Privacy Concerns
- Real-time detection of consumer IoT devices participating in DDoS attacks
- MikroTik Patches zeroday Flaw Under Attack in Record Time
- Survey Reveals Users Have No Clue About Router Security
Laws, Regulations and Standards
Governments and Regulators worldwide are pushing towards greater standardization of IoT security.
- The Industrial Internet Consortium Publishes IoT Security Maturity Model White Paper
- NIST Issues First Call for ‘Lightweight Cryptography’ to Protect Small Electronics
- New law on surveillance camera’s
- Gas engineers and plumbers could have to undergo mandatory cybersecurity training to prevent smart devices from being exploited by criminals or state-sponsored attackers.
- NSA encryption plan for Internet Of Things rejected by the international body
What’s Going On in the IoT security industry?
- Microsoft Ups IoT Ante with $5 Billion Investment
- We’ve curated an events list of more than all the events related to IoT and security, from now until the end of the year
What’s New at SecuriThings?
We are hiring! SecuriThings is growing and looking for the best and brightest to help us secure the IoT devices of the world.
help us secure the IoT devices of the world. Open positions include:
- VP R&D
SecuriThings is looking for a brilliant and experienced R&D manager to join our team, to manage the company’s R&D team and the development of core roadmap features
- Data Scientist
SecuriThings is looking for an enthusiastic and sharp Data Scientist to join our team and help enhance our core product capabilities.
- Product Manager
SecuriThings is looking for an experienced product manager to join our team and help make a huge impact on the future of our offering.
- Java Developers
SecuriThings is looking for experienced backend developers who will join the R&D team to continue developing the product’s roadmap.
For the full job description and application: https://securithings.com/careers/